Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
- Rock Kenzie until 11:15 pm when she finally falls to sleep
- Quietly crawl into bed, hoping the squeaky bed spring stays quiet this one time
- Sleep until 1:30 am when my internal clock tells me Kenzie will be waking up (which she has done precisely at 1:30 every night for the past two weeks)
- Lie awake listening to Dustin, Kenzie, and Kona and try to determine which one of them is making that incredibly annoying gurgling sound with each exhale
- Nudge Dustin, he rolls over...still hear the gurgling...wasn't him
- Reach to the nightstand for something to throw at Kona (I don't want to wake the baby by calling his name)
- After three missed throws finally hit Kona with toy, he stretches, rolls over...still hear snoring
- Realize it's my little angel, stuffed up, poor thing, but still sleeping soundly
- Fall back to sleep with the discovery that as a wife and pet owner I loathe snoring, but as a mom I find it surprisingly bearable.
Chalk it up to another lesson learned by a new mom.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
When Dustin and I first found out I was pregnant and began looking for items to register for, we were overwhelmed by the sheer number of products in Babies R Us. We tried not to get taken by the cute duckies and all the pink flowers and focused on just the items we felt we "needed" not the ones we "wanted." Now that I've been a mom for four and a half months (but who's counting) I'd like to take this opportunity to add a couple items to the must-have list.