McKenzie has her first official runny nose. Here's a little play-by-play of my night...
- Rock Kenzie until 11:15 pm when she finally falls to sleep
- Quietly crawl into bed, hoping the squeaky bed spring stays quiet this one time
- Sleep until 1:30 am when my internal clock tells me Kenzie will be waking up (which she has done precisely at 1:30 every night for the past two weeks)
- Lie awake listening to Dustin, Kenzie, and Kona and try to determine which one of them is making that incredibly annoying gurgling sound with each exhale
- Nudge Dustin, he rolls over...still hear the gurgling...wasn't him
- Reach to the nightstand for something to throw at Kona (I don't want to wake the baby by calling his name)
- After three missed throws finally hit Kona with toy, he stretches, rolls over...still hear snoring
- Realize it's my little angel, stuffed up, poor thing, but still sleeping soundly
- Fall back to sleep with the discovery that as a wife and pet owner I loathe snoring, but as a mom I find it surprisingly bearable.
Chalk it up to another lesson learned by a new mom.