Sunday, December 1, 2013

Conversations with Kaia

Kaia (from another room): MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!
Me (entering room to find Kaia trying not to drop a bin of craft supplies): Kaia.
Kaia: I'm 'posed to not be touching this stuff.
__________________________________________
Kaia : I'm sorry ________(Mommy, Daddy, Kenzie, etc) for ________________ (hitting you, not listening, running away, etc).  I won't do that again.
Me: Right.
 __________________________________________
Kaia: Thanks for making me dinner, Mommy.
__________________________________________
Kaia: Can I have candy?
Me: Not right now.
Kaia: Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww.
__________________________________________

I got out of the shower and flicked the light on in my bedroom.  I jumped when I saw Kaia, who I had recently put to bed in her crib, sitting on my bed.  I asked her how she got in my bed.  She said, "I just climbed down on my kitchen (the pretend one), and then, and then I just popped into Mommy's bed."   She was so proud.

Later I set up the pack n' play thinking it might buy me a little time.  It wasn't long before she was standing at the top of the stairs proudly announcing, "Ta ta!  Bah-prise (surprise), I did it!"  She was so darn cute and proud it was hard to scold her for climbing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment