Friday, January 7, 2011

Ice Cream and Peas, Please

On my way home from work the other night I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a package of green split peas for the soup I planned to make the following day.  While at the store I remembered that ice cream was on sale for $1.88 ($1.88!!).  When ice cream is that cheap you have to buy some.  So, there I was, standing at the checkout counter with my ice cream and peas, pregnant belly protruding from my too-small winter coat when it occurred to me what this must look like.  I am a walking pregnancy stereotype.  8:00 pm on a Wednesday night and I just have to run out for some peas and ice cream?  I thought about saying something like, "I love the crunchy texture of the peas sprinkled on my cookies and cream," but decided against it.  The look I was getting from the teenage boy cashier was enough to let me know he thought I was crazy.  He just might be on to something.

Anyway, for those of you too far away to watch me grow, here's a pick of my 6 1/2 month bump.
I feel so much bigger than this.  Pictures don't do justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment